become a member
By becoming a member of Arc of Genesee Orleans, you help provide individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and their families’ access to programs and services through fundraising and advocacy efforts.
Every member of Arc of Genesee Orleans adds strength to our voice at both the local and state levels. That voice calls on policymakers to provide resources to help people with developmental disabilities live full, productive lives in their communities.
Your membership benefits:
- Participation in the largest not-for-profit organization in the nation (The Arc New York.), for families and individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD)
- Participation in the national organization, The Arc US
- Volunteer opportunities
- Invitation to our Annual Meeting
- Receipt of our Horizons newsletter
Your membership helps us:
- Provide advocacy for people with developmental and other disabilities in your local community
- Fund information, education, advocacy and support programs for parents and family members
- Help people with I/DD plan services for themselves
- Develop a legislative agenda that reflects the needs of people with developmental and other disabilities
- Provide leadership and training opportunities for membership at the state level
- Build coalitions with parents and professional organizations in planning and implementing public policy on a statewide level.
- Inform and educate the public about developmental and other disabilities and their prevention or ways to reduce the incidence of developmental disabilities in future generations
- Provide advocacy to protect the rights of people with developmental and other disabilities and their families through state legislation and policy
Membership in Arc Genesee Orleans automatically makes you a member of The Arc New York and The Arc US.
For more information on membership, please contact Sandy Konfederath, Coordinator of Community Relations at (585) 343-1123 ext. 223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.